The cloud refers to software and services that run on the internet, instead of locally on your server and computer. Data is stored in an off-site data centre and accessed via the internet.
Switching to cloud-based services is becoming an increasingly popular choice for businesses as they realise the many benefits there are to be had.
10 benefits of switching to the cloud
- Work from anywhere – your applications and data can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. This enables flexible working and increased productivity.
- Greater security – your data is a stored on a network rather than a device which offers greater protection in the event of a theft or computer hack. Furthermore, the cloud provider assumes security responsibilities for your data, which means they have measures in place to ensure its protection.
- Reduced costs – you don’t need to pay out for expensive in-house hardware and servers as these are not required. You’ll also be free from maintenance and update costs.
- Secure backup and disaster recovery – offsite data backup means in the event of a disaster your data is instantly recoverable. If you can connect to the internet you can get back working again.
- Scalable solutions for your business – you can easily and quickly scale up or down your storage requirements to meet your business needs.
- Reduced implementation time – cloud services are rapidly deployed and ready for use in a matter of minutes rather the weeks or months it traditionally takes with large infrastructure projects.
- No capital expenditure and low start-up costs – cloud computing reduces your hardware requirements and flexible pay-as-you-go subscription makes budgeting easier to control.
- Automatic software updates – the latest software updates are automatically applied so your software will always be up to date without you having to do anything.
- Less operational issues – utilising standardised services can significantly reduce issues and defects, reducing the time spent on operational issues.
- Environmentally friendly – using the cloud reduces your carbon footprint through lower energy usage. Cloud service providers host multiple customers on shared infrastructure, thereby contributing to more efficient energy utilisation.
If you’re considering switching to the cloud and would like to find out how it may benefit your business please give us a call on 01392 207194. We can review your existing IT infrastructure and systems and advise on the best cloud solutions to maximise your efficiency and productivity.
Our cloud services include backup, file sharing, email archiving, email continuity, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365 and web filtering.