Microsoft Office 365 for business explained
Everything you need to know about Microsoft Office 365 for business explained here.
What is Microsoft Office 365 for business?
Office 365 is a cloud-based subscription service. It provides access to Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as other productivity services. These include Skype for Business web conferencing, Exchange Online hosted email, and online storage with OneDrive for Business.
What are Microsoft Office 365’s features?
Office 365 features vary widely depending on your subscription plan. The basic package includes fully installed Office and OneDrive storage while the enterprise level packages offer many additional features including Skype for Business, video conferencing, email with storage and archive, unlimited OneDrive storage, eDiscovery, and advanced security.
Is internet access required for Microsoft Office 365?
Internet access is required to install and activate all Office 365 plans and to manage your subscription account. It is also required to access Office 365 cloud productivity services, including email, conferencing, IT management, and other services.
Many Office 365 plans also include the desktop version of Office, so that your users can work offline. As soon as offline users connect to the internet, all their work will automatically sync.
What does Microsoft Office 365 cost?
The number of users determines the fee you’ll pay for Office 365. The exact cost depends on the plan you chose.
Different payment options are available based on your plan. Some plans require an annual commitment while others can be paid month by month and cancelled at any time.
Plans can be upgraded or mixed and matched to suit your specific business requirements.
What are the benefits of Microsoft Office 365 for business?
- Office 365 is a subscription-based service, so you only have to pay a flat monthly fee rather than the expense of large up-front payments. It’s easy to budget and can help improve cash flow.
- Security patches and software updates are applied automatically without requiring any of your internal resource and time. Your Office 365 will always be up to date.
- Office 365 is scalable and can support a one-person business up to a company with thousands of users.
- As your business needs change, you can modify your Office 365 plan.
- Office 365 has several built-in security features to keep your company’s data safe.
- Users can access Office 365’s services from anywhere with an internet connection. This facility provides a disaster recovery solution and enables remote working.
Want to find out more?
If you’d like to learn more about the different Office 365 subscription plans and see which one would be most suited to your business, please contact us on 01392 207194 or drop us an email.