If you’re thinking of outsourcing your IT you may have come across the term ‘IT Managed Services’. If you’re unfamiliar with this phrase and what it means, read on.
What is IT Managed Services?
An IT managed services provider takes on the responsibility of managing and maintaining the IT systems within a business.
The traditional outsourced IT support approach typically relied on the user reporting a problem, which was then fixed by the IT support provider. An IT managed services contract breaks the mould of this ‘break-fix’ approach.
Rather than being purely reactive an IT managed services provider focuses on the prevention of IT issues before they disrupt business. A core element of the service focuses on proactive management, enabling potential IT issues to be identified and fixed before they become an issue for a business.
The IT managed services provider takes on responsibility for 24-hour monitoring, managing and problem resolution for the IT systems within a business.
What are the Benefits of IT Managed Services?
The key benefits your business will experience from an IT managed services arrangement include:
- Increased operational efficiency – the proactive element of the managed services offering ensures that your IT system runs more efficiently. This means less downtime and disruption to your business.
- Support when you need it – support is available to your business at any time regardless of the time of day or day of the week. This ensures that your IT issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Financial certainty – you pay a flat fee for access to all the benefits within a managed services package. It’s easy to budget and you have the security of everything being covered.
- Reduced operating costs – outsourcing in this way is most often cheaper than directly employing IT staff.
- Peace of mind – you know that your IT is being taken care of and you can concentrate on managing the other aspects of your business.
Our IT managed services offering, BlueCare, provides proactive monitoring and support, 24/7 out-of-hours IT support (available 365 days a year) as well as strategic IT support. You pay a single fixed price per user for access to all the benefits within our BlueCare package. There are no hidden extras.
Find out more here or call us on 01392 207194.